Have you ever had one of those moments when you think, "I hope no one saw that!"? I had one the other night. As I was taking a box of stuff to my car for a yard sale the next morning, I stepped wrong in the dark, twisted my ankle on our wacked out driveway, and totally turfed it. The box went flying, yard sale items went everywhere, I tore a hole in the knee of my favorite jeans, and my ankle started giving me agony that took me back to the birth of baby #6 a few months back. Yet, as I sat sprawled in the driveway, one of the first thoughts to flash through my mind was, "I hope no one saw that!" Ah, pride cometh during the fall, it turns out...
So, I'm now nursing a swollen and semi-sprained ankle--with six kids that means that I'm only on it for 14 hours a day instead of the normal 16--and had to shop for jeans today. Sheesh, talk about adding insult to injury! Well, at least I made $175 at the yard sale :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
that's pretty funny heather...and i think we ALL look around to see who was watching after something funny like that. it reminds me of BYU during the winter when everyone's trying their hardest not to slip and fall on the ice and nobody's really succeeding. ahh, funny days. hope your ankle is feeling better and more importantly that you found some great jeans to replace your favorites! now that's the REAL tragedy ;)
Well, when I fell into an orchestra pit, only one person saw it. Unfortunately, my pride was absolutely deflated during the course of the next three days during the comptetion I was attending as everyone asked me (upon seeing my bandaged arm and bruised face) if I was the girl that had fallen into the orchestra pit! I've never felt so stupid in my life!!
I'm glad you made lots at the yard sale. I've never heard of anyone making that much!
Ha ha ha! I laugh WITH you, not at you. Pride cometh during the fall....that's a great one.
Ditto to Nicole's appreciation for the great pun. Very nice.
And yeah, I have my story to go with the rest. First year at Ricks college. I was walking past a loaded bus, across the grass in front of the Manwaring Center (dressed in a skirt, of course). Out of the blue I'm flat on my bottom in front of the lot of them! Could have died!! And no it wasn't winter or raining or even cloudy.
You have my sincere respect, honor and admiration for making it through any day much less one that includes a garage sell (loathe them) and a sprained ankle!!
see... I checked out your blog (and here I thought I was the only one who'd ever fallen into an orchestra pit) :)
Post a Comment