Sunday, January 27, 2013

Winter Piano Recital

Abby and Josh had their winter piano recital this afternoon at our church building.  Can anyone spell stress?  It was Josh's first recital, and Abby's second--though her first was several years ago!

Needless to say, they did great, nerves and all.



Josh had two pieces, and each had some teacher accompaniment in the lower range to help fill things out a bit.  He played with a lot more confidence than I thought he would!



Abby also had two pieces, and did very well; she told me later that she wanted to reposition herself on the piano bench, but was so scared that her legs wouldn't move.  Poor thing!


Can you tell their turns are done?  
The relief on their faces tells it all.



Then it was time for treats and gifts from their teacher.




I'm so proud of my kids--they faced their fears, and made some beautiful music.

Yay!!



2 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Love it!! When the heck did Abby grow up--she just looks like such a lovely mature young women--she was always lovely, but you understand what I am saying. I sure miss you :)

Lesley said...

Your daughter is beautiful and talented, must be a Bugg!