Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Can it be?

Shhh... Do you hear that? Listen carefully, now. It's a sound I've been waiting to hear for some time. It's the sound of one child at work, four at school, and one napping. Yes, it's silence. Well, unless you count the sound of the washer and dryer, which is just part of the constant sound of home for us. I know it's fleeting, and I wouldn't want it all the time, but in my chaotic life, even just a moment or two of silence helps me feel ready to take it all on again. Who knows, maybe I can put my feet up for a minute or two, and relax. All you moms out there, feel free to laugh right along with me! Someday, maybe...

5 comments:

Niki said...

Ahhh..blessed silence.

TisforTonya said...

I actually really like the sounds of washers/dryers/dishwashers... it's the sound of me getting something done.

Relaxing... well, that's another story entirely, maybe in a few years... you know, when I finally have to go back to work to pay for the last 3 sets of braces and I get a coffee break. I can relax instead of drinking it?

matt and michelle ray said...

I hear you sista'! I love my kids, but it really is peaceful when it's just the baby and me! It really does give me the energy I need when they get home!

Heather said...

Silence? What's that?

Amy G. said...

seriously...some day. not this day. but we love 'em!