Adam and I had a frustrating experience last night. I know that this will shock some of you; a mom and a teenager having a frustrating experience? NO!! Never fear, it was nothing like that--this was mutual frustration!
The local high school allows dual enrollment at the local community college, and my son has reaallllly wanted to take German for some time. Well, I found that they offered it at the community college, and that it would actually work into his already packed schedule. (For heaven sakes, the boy is taking four weighted honors classes, and it's only his sophomore year!) So anyway, we met with the guidance counselor, dropped that old Espanol class, and tweaked his schedule to find some other elective to finish out his school day. Then we drove across town to the college and waited in line after line, took the qualifying test, waited in more lines... I'm sure you see where I'm heading with this story.
In the last line, we found out that German (the only section) has been cancelled. I could feel the blood rushing to my face, and the anger starting to fume. Did I mention that during all of this two-hour ordeal I had been wrestling a 9 month old teething baby?! But, to our credit, neither of us exploded, no matter how much I wanted to.
So, back to line #3 to switch to another class. Yep, you guessed it. Good ol' Espanol. Hey, at least it's free, and he'll be done with the whole year's worth in December. Now we're looking online at BYU Independent Study, where he can take German all on his own, if he wants, or even cooler--LATIN! His choice of words, not mine. Maybe there's some hope for a doctor in the family after all.
By the way, the title of this post is German for, "I'm sorry, but...". Fitting, aint it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment