Saturday, May 30, 2009

Haircut it is, then!

Fine, I admit it. I'm the worst blogger ever. No photos. No funny thoughts. No news updates. Just a mostly ordinary day, with nothing spectacular to it. But maybe that's the miracle.

It's Saturday. School is out--it has been for a week--and now the hectic pace of the last weeks of school, of four kids in three different schools with their numerous activities, assemblies, concerts, parties, etc, is over. Gone. Kaput. (Is that how you spell 'kaput'? Oh well, you know what I mean.) It's Saturday, and the most urgent thing on my list today was to get a much-needed haircut. Check. It's done. Shouldn't there be more?

Of course, there's always the laundry, the bathroom cleaning, the dishes, the childcare; but that's a given. There's really nothing extra? Wow. There's your miracle, ladies and gentlemen. A blank day on the calendar. May June be full of those... Who knows, maybe I'll find more nothing to blog about!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

give it a few minutes, the calender will be full before you know it. I've been done with classes for 3 weeks and haven't had a day to sit around yet! I'm still catching up on all the stuff I didn't do during the semester, and I don't have kids that live with me 24-7 :)