It's Mother's Day. This day is a mixed bag for me. I lost my mom to cancer very shortly before I got married, so this day is somewhat bittersweet. I wake up and think about how much I miss sharing my life with her--my anxieties about being a good-enough mother, as well as my joys as I watch my children become more than I ever could have hoped. And then those children come pouring into my room with breakfast in bed and hugs galore, and all that sadness retreats again for a while. I am so thankful for my children; for the focus they bring my life, and for the little glimpses of heaven they bring me. We won't go into the gray hair and wrinkles today--it's Mother's Day.
So, to all you moms out there--good on ya! Hang in there, and know that you are not alone in your quest to raise good kids in a very 'ungood' world. Give your little ones (and big ones) a hug, and go ahead, take that nap! Once a year, whether you need it or not, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I think mine turned into a 4 hour nap... and I needed it! Happy Mother's Day to you too!
I hear you may be out this way in July? Hope to see you before you go 1/2 way 'round the world!!!
Post a Comment