Monday, December 28, 2009

How Much Sponge is Too Much Sponge?


So, I realize that our two-year-old has a slight fixation on Spongebob Squarepants. I know that. I've made my peace with it.

After all, when you rip a little child from all that's familiar, take him from hotel room to hotel room, national park to national park, unfamiliar bed to unfamiliar bed, continent to continent, you find any kind of constancy out there. Anything to make it all okay.

For Dallin, it was the Sponge. Yes, "BobBob" to him.

After everyone started school and he was left the lone man with Mom, he turned to his BobBob when Mom was busy with trifles like laundry, church callings, a really good book (kind of just kidding...). His BobBob kept him company. Sad, hunh?

Well, we all got a good laugh the other day when dear Dallin was trying to accomplish a task. He kept trying and trying, but was getting pretty frustrated. Out of that sweet little mouth came, "Oh Barnacles!"

Now the whole family has latched onto Spongebob's catchphrase of frustration. Hey, when I consider what could have come out of his mouth, I should probably be grateful. But, maybe I should start tweaking the Sponge : Dallin ratio of togetherness?

No comments: