Monday, October 4, 2010

Randomness Abounds

You know you've been blogging long enough when your teenager (teasingly) gets after you for being delinquent in your posting. 

I think he said something along the lines of, "Geez, Mom.  It's been, like, two weeks since you blogged!"

What's up with that?

It's not that life has been slow.  There's been plenty goin' on in these parts.  But, nothing really blog-worthy.

What excitement have you missed, you ask?


Kids have been to the orthodontist.

Our church women's group had a Super Saturday craft day, not that 'crafting' is my specialty.  At.  All.

I've been to the grocery store.  More than once.

I've taken up vacuuming as a hobby.

It's been raining.  Forever.

We've gone to church, work, school, and back again.

I've made breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.  We won't mention desserts.

I've done about 100 loads of laundry.


See?  Nothing thrilling.  Nothing abnormal.  Nothing witty or wonderful.

But, there are some things that we have not done in the last two weeks:

We haven't gone to the emergency room, or even the doctor's office.

We haven't been hauled into the principal's office.

Or the police station.

Or anywhere else that makes a parent shudder.

The cars have been in our driveway, not the mechanic's.


And I guess that makes me think, gosh, I guess I should blog about how blessed I am to have a normal, unwitty, unexciting two-week period of time when I can just be a mom of six kids.  Even if that means I have to do 100 loads of laundry.

2 comments:

TisforTonya said...

sounds blog-worthy to me. I'm getting tired of blogging about puke. :) (okay, okay... it hasn't been all that often... but twice in one week is more than enough for me!)

Catrina said...

I don't know for sure....but I thought that was pretty witty, and blog worthy!!