Monday, September 20, 2010

A Day at the Golf Course

Adam surprised us by joining the high school golf team this year.  It's not a game he has much experience with, but he wanted to try something new, and golf seems to suit him.  The team got to take over the base golf course this past Friday afternoon, and here are some shots of my future Jack Nicklaus...







The base has a lovely course, as most Air Force bases do; I had never been there before, as a frustrating day at the driving range as a teenager effectively killed any desire in me to take up golfing.



After a fun ride in the golf cart to check Adam's progress and (quietly) cheer him on, Josh and I had some time on our hands until the game was over.



So how are you liking golf, Josh?


Wait, I can see him way off in the distance!






Such form, such finesse, such patience...

Such a great way to spend a Friday afternoon.  Of course, I wasn't the one tallying the scores!

Way to go, Adam!

2 comments:

Jac said...

Learning to golf is such a fun adventure! I learned because my kid sister (8 years younger) did exactly what your son did - joined the golf team because they needed another golfer and she needed another adventure. Prior to joining the team in high school, she'd gone mini-golfing maybe twice and that was it. LOL!!

I love your photos, I wish him great luck in his new adventures.

Prior Family said...

What a beautiful golf course. Way to go Adam.