Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Thursday List

This has been my last 24-hours:

1.  Get really frustrated that car won't start.

2.  Have husband leave work to come try jump-starting the car.

3.  Determine that this is not the work of a dead battery.

4.  Pray hard that the car you are about to sell doesn't need a new starter.

5.  Arrange for a tow truck.

6.  Have mechanic arrive, only to put the car in Park, and start it right up.

7.  Do a forehead plant, and sheepishly sign the paperwork.

8.  Thank the Lord that you didn't actually have to shell out the money for a new starter.

9.  Flick offending teenager in the back of the head.


Oy vey.

I remain grateful for small blessings.

Like mechanics that don't make fun of you to your face.  What he said once back in the solitude of his truck, however, I really don't want to know.

5 comments:

Kris10 said...

We had the same 'issue' a few times while I was there. :)

TisforTonya said...

I am SOOO not laughing... only because I once did this myself... sometimes that stupid thing just doesn't settle all the way into Park...

Prior Family said...

I think I did that once or twice. Miss you guys.

Þórsteinn said...

BAHAHA! That's hilarious.

Heather said...

Hi! We just read about your hubby's promotion in the Y Magazine! Congrats!