Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday, Harry!

Anyone who knows our family knows that we love reading.  DH and I love to read.  Our kids love to read.  We have books all over the house.  We visit the library, we read in the car, we read in bed--we read!

One particular series of books has really touched our hearts, and helped my children discover the joy of reading for pleasure.  We love our Harry!  I know some people aren't interested in the series, and some don't like the subject matter, but we as a family, without question and without apology, love Harry and his friends.  They teach us about enduring friendship, about hanging in when things get hard, and about good triumphing over evil.


Harry Potter

When I realized that today was Harry's birthday, I knew it was time to conjure up a cake...


Happy birthday, my dear Harry, and thanks for all the wonderful hours you've spent with my family!  My children can't remember life without you, and we're better for your influence!

Our birthday toast: "May the words Expecto Patronum never cross your lips again!"

1 comment:

Cherie said...

We love Harry over here too. Glad you celebrated.