Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Coziness


I was tucking little J into bed tonight, and as he was naming the many stuffed animals that were nestled around him, he sighed, snuggled under his favorite blanket, and said, "I love the coziness of my life." I just chuckled; but as I sat there in the darkness of his room listening to his favorite Veggie Tales cd, I also started to think about the coziness of MY life. I have a little one who wraps himself around my leg several times a day, telling me how much he loves me, teenaged sons who actually seem to like being around me, a daughter who will confide in me (we females have got to stick together!), and a baby who gives full-body smiles whenever he sees me. What other job on Earth gives those kinds of benefits? My life is extremely cozy, and I am sure thankful to have little ones who help me stop and realize it. Thanks, J.

2 comments:

Amy G. said...

I'm glad to have found your blog! And I love your description of life's "coziness." So true...we have a lot to be grateful for.

Heather said...

I love the times(which are extremely frequent) when Esther just wants to cuddle with me and hold me and give me kisses. When she is unhappy, she holds her arms wide and says, "Hold you!" Oh, I love it!!