Finally! Dallin had his first birthday last week, but between the chaos of Halloween and life with eight people in our house, I just didn't get around to downloading and sorting through photos until yesterday. Don't even ask about the state of housecleaning around here...
Anyway, here we are with his cake, decorated by his big brother, Josh. You all know how much 6-year-olds like to help with this sort of thing. It also explains the fancy decorating job.
Here he is opening/eating one of his presents. What is it with that boy and paper? Most papers lying around our house have a bite out of at least one corner. Maybe he needs more fiber?
At last we manage to get the paper off without him eating it all. His first flip phone--I'm so happy. It even makes noise. I'm happier. Just kidding. He does love it, though, and it's not too annoying. Yet.
And then we get to the main event. Cake! He does manage to do a great job; not very messy or anything. I guess he understands the importance of actually eating cake.
Job well done, Dallin. We love you, and are glad you're here. I just can't believe it has already been a year. Happy Birthday, baby.


3 comments:
does that make you officially a toddler mom instead of a baby mom? I mean, since you already have all those other "missionary mom", High School Mom, Middle School Mom, and Elementary Mom titles taken care of as well :)
I love first birthdays. Dallin looks so cute and happy! Just an FYI. if you go to customize and then click "pick new template" and choose the one called minima, your backgrounds will work a little better. Sorry, I hate to give advice if you don't want it, but there it is anyway.
Thanks, Cherie. I've been meaning to do that, but hadn't gotten around to changing it yet. And I agree--first birthdays are the best!
Post a Comment