Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fixodent or Sea Bond?

I have determined that I am officially old. I was ironing yesterday, a chore I actually sort of enjoy, because it means that I can put in a dvd that sends my boys running from the room due to the "chick-ness" of it. Plus, I can see results of my work, unlike cleaning the kitchen or bathroom.

Anyway, I decided to watch an episode of "Touched by an Angel" on the Hallmark channel yesterday while whittling away at my pile of ironing responsibility. I swear to you, every commercial break was composed of advertisements featuring at least three items from the following list:

1. Medicare supplement plans
2. AARP membership
3. Denture adhesive
4. Scooters or powerchairs
5. Incontinence products (is that genteel enough?)
6. Diabetic testing supplies
7. Arthritis medication
8. Anti-osteoporosis medication

After a while, I just started to laugh. And then I looked at my gray highlights and my wrinkles (laugh lines, right?), and thought, "Sheesh, how old am I?" Are older people the only ones who watch shows like this? Just because I get teary every time sweet angel Monica tells someone, "God loves you", does that make me geriatric?

Well, at least I got my ironing done. Now I have to run to the store--I'm running low on bladder pads and denture adhesive...

2 comments:

TisforTonya said...

no, no, no, no, NO... I will not admit to being old - blah, blah, blah (that's my sticking my fingers in my ears and denying my age with every last gasping wheezy breath!

I love your fall background by the way...

matt and michelle ray said...

Ha! That's so funny! Don't worry Heather, I'm right there with you! I'm thinkin' of picking me up one of those cool hover rounds!