Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pumpkin or Apple? BOTH!

I can't believe it. December is here.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving; way too much food, but when it comes to pie, there's no such thing as too much, right? It was just us--my family was mostly all gathered together in a faraway land several hours away, but when you're on call, then you have to stay put. Oh well. It was a nice day, and we enjoyed just hanging out together, and then had some friends come for dessert. More pie. mmmmmm

Then came the shopping. My brave husband went with me, and we managed to score a couple of deals. Not a big screen TV or anything, much to our children's dismay, but we took care of a few things on the lists. Then home to more pie. mmmmmm

On to Saturday. A rare Saturday when I didn't even need to go anywhere until 2:30 in the afternoon. weird. I did some laundry, caught an episode of Dirty Jobs that I hadn't seen before, and finally showered and went to a wonderful baptism at the church. Ahhh. Then home to more pie. mmmmmm

Sensing a theme, anyone?

Fortunately, we had a pot luck after church on Sunday; I think they called it "Leftover Extravaganza!" Alas, by the end of the day, no more pie.

So here we are in December, the time of concerts, parties, and cookie baking. I guess it's time to move on from pie-ville, because at long last, the gingerbread men are calling!

1 comment:

TisforTonya said...

pie is better than gingerbread men ANY day of the week... but I like to decorate the little guys before I bite off their little heads :)

glad you enjoyed your holiday... We made it a family affair this year - I kind of miss the whole stay home and enjoy the day part of the holiday!!!