All right, all right. I've been feeling the need to blog lately, but it's kinda had the feel of journal writing when you haven't written in forever. You know what I mean? It's the "Do I try to catch up, or just start from here?" kind of feeling.
But when I saw that my own video post had expired, and that I hadn't posted since, I knew it was time. (insert triumphant choir singing) It's not that I have anything amazing to say, but I'll try to do a veerrrry quick recap.
December was crazy--big surprise. Fun concerts, parties, etc, but also much illness and a nasty stomach flu. We did manage to go caroling as a family, which is lots of fun now that we can do all four parts together.
Holidays were great, except the fact that our travels were shortened and almost eliminated altogether by said stomach flu. Everyone got better, and we drove through six states in two weeks, seriously imposing on family, and eating out waaay more than we should have. We viewed that trip as a sort of last hurrah for oldest son Spencer--his last chance to see grandparents before his mission to Bulgaria. (as a side note, he leaves for the MTC in 12 days. yikes!) We also got to take him through the temple for the first time in Mesa, AZ, close enough to the land of my fathers that some family got to join us. Anyway, it was a fun trip, though Abby was quite disappointed that there was no snow at Grandma's house in CO. Sorry, babe.
And now, here we are in January. As you can see, blogging on a more regular basis did not make it onto my list of resolutions, though we don't do much in the way of resolution-making at our home. We like to view every day as a fresh start. And no, we're not being lazy. We really feel that way.
In other news, Adam is taking driver's ed, and is scheduled to take his permit test this afternoon. Just thought I should warn you all now. So if you see a huge white 15-passenger van weaving a little, just keep a safe distance back and let the boy practice...
Also, the baby is recovering from pneumonia and an ear infection--can I get an "AMEN" for antibiotics, and x-rays?!! I tell you, I love living in an age when medicine can actually do something!
So, did this ramble enough for you? Maybe you didn't miss all that much... But it feels good to have rejoined the blogging-living. Now perhaps I should dust off my journal--or maybe tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
the journal? Ummm... I won't even pretend that I've written recently - if my blog and my scrapbooks aren't worthy of being quoted by the angels (and well, they probably aren't) then I'm afraid I'm out of luck - because truly... I pray that they won't quote from the OLD journals I kept in Jr. High: "I love (insert boy of the week's name here)"
p.s. - your word verifier needs its mouth washed out with soap :)
Hooray for Heather! Yeah, the feeling of "I'm so behind in my blogging should I even bother trying to catch up?!" - I know what you mean! Wish Spencer good luck from us, he'll do great!
That is hilarious! What a writer you are!! And, me too, on the blogging blahs. It's been months since I posted anything and then tonight, voila, our of the blue, the bug hit. I am so glad to "catch up" with my Buggs!
Glad to see you are still alive! Also grateful for modern medicine. Hope your family can now enjoy a healthy few months (i'd say forever, but with a family, there are apt to be "bugs" :))
no way! you were in mesa?! we should have met up. rats.
Post a Comment