Friday, April 3, 2009

Somebody Help Me...please!

So, is it just me, or does the Disney Channel overdo the laugh track? Sweet daughter has been home sick this week, and I swear, if I have to sit through one more (insert G-rated expletive here) episode of The Suite Life, iCarly, or Wizards of Waverly Place, I think my head may actually explode! Even if I'm in the next room, innocently surfing the net, frittering away what would ordinarily be my sanity time while little man naps, I can hear the incessant canned laugther. It causes my spine to contort, and my skin to crawl. Somebody stop the insanity!!!

It's not just the canned laughter that gets on my nerves; it's the blatant disregard for parental authority, the constant criticism of others, and the general dumbness of the plot that makes me crazy. I guess I should get up off my rear and change the channel--there's got to be an rerun of The Brady Bunch or Gilligan's Island on somewhere in cable-land. C'mon--if it was good enough for me when I was home sick, then it's got to be okay, right? Just kidding. Instead, I'll just let her whup me at Mancala. Again.

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm with you. I can't stand the attitudes, the sarcasm, etc of the kid shows these days. We don't even have cable, but the movies are enough. I've banned a few and would like to ban a few more.

And how was "the phone call"?

TisforTonya said...

H is home sick today - of course, School doesn't actually start for 5 minutes, but she's still upstairs in her pjs instead of on the playground so we're pretty sure she's not going to make it...

I'm a terribly mean mom though - if they just get to read and rest...

of course, that means Po faked sick a few weeks ago because he wanted to finish Inkheart... I played along because I SO would have done that!

besides, my kids actually love the Brady Bunch... but we don't HAVE the Disney Channel so their choices are limited :)

KP said...

You funny.

And you very smart, huh.

Ha, girl, you are talking about shows I have never even heard of! It doesn't matter, though, what the show. You can only take so much and then you just have to, well, take some more I guess! He, hee.

What a woman! Have a great day!

Love ya

littlest said...

hey! i need your email address...to send you those recipes for the jars!