Friday, November 20, 2009

New Recipe Update or, Am I Out of the Rut Yet?

Short answer to that--no. The rut remains, and those blessed kids of mine are making it tough to turn over this particular new leaf. They aren't trying to, but they are.

I mentioned a while back that I was going to make goulash using a new recipe that I found online. It looked cute, with little bow-tie pasta, and no crushed red pepper. But I forgot their aversion to green peppers. Well, I didn't actually forget it; I just figured if I cut the amount the recipe called for in half, the earth would continue to spin and all would be well.

darn kids.

I whipped it up the other night, complete with bread sticks again--that way I know they'll eat something. Most of them did pretty well, but a couple wouldn't even try it. The nerve! It was fun to make, though I think I'll cut back on the chili powder a bit next time.

Good heavens, I hope I'm not losing my fondness for spicy food! I guess it's time to move back to the desert southwest, before my extended family becomes ashamed to admit that they're related to me.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Hey Heather...can you post the recipe that you tried. I think I may try it. Thanks!