Wednesday, November 18, 2009

You've got to be kidding...

I can't believe it. I just broke my hand-held can opener. Again. What is the matter with me? Why, oh why must I have such a love/hate relationship with a silly kitchen appliance? It's not even a major appliance. It's juuust essential enough to throw things off when it's not around.

Sheesh.

Anyone have any ideas for me? What can opener do you have, or what do you recommend? If it doesn't work out between us (the can opener and myself, that is), I promise I'll still like you... I'd just like the next one to last longer than this one (life span = 1 month--I kid you not)!!



ps--is it sad to put a can opener on your wish list for Santa?

5 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

I'm not a fan of the electric can opener, not sure if that's what you had or not. And I bought handheld one from Pampered Chef that I'm not a huge fan of either! In the end I just use my cheapy bought from Wal-Mart years ago!

And no, I think when your a mom you can put whatever you want on your wish list! I kinda want a steam vac to make cleaning our hardwood floors easier! Lame, I know, but hey, it would make my life easier!

Heather B said...

Michelle,

Thanks for the comment--I forgot to mention that I've always used the hand-held variety. Maybe that's my problem....hmmm...
I changed the post so hopefully it makes more sense now! :)

Lesley said...

I am a huge fan of electric can openers. I spent ten to fifteen dollars and have been using it for well over a year. It opens small cans and even the large #10 cans. Such a small tool that contributes so much! Good luck, I need a decent vacuum.

Cherie said...

I like as little as possible on the counter, so I like hand held. I have an oxo one we got for our wedding 9 years ago, and it's still going stong. I remember it said it was for people with arthritis, and it opens cans so easily and smoothly. Definitely the easiest can opener I've used.

Heather said...

We have the little handheld one that no one knows how to use. It's like the bigger handheld one, but without the long handles. Many a babysitter has been very put out with me because they couldn't open the silly can. It's the kind I grew up with and even Daron reaches for that one now instead of the long handled one. I'd love to replace it with a new one but I can't find them anymore!