Sunday, July 11, 2010

Getting back to today

I've spent the last couple of posts dwelling in the past, but this one is all about today!  Or rather, a fun day a week or so ago.  Hey, cut me some slack--I've got some serious summer brain happening. 

Anywho, we went to the park a few days ago, and had a fun time sweating to death in the heat.  Well actually, I stayed in the shade taking photos while the rest of the family sweated, but you get the idea.  What?!  I have very sensitive skin!  Almost porcelain!  Sun and I don't do well together.  I used to tan, you know.  Now my arms just freckle.  What's up with that?

But getting back to the park...


...we have bubbles, with Dallin testing out his new bubble maker.


Yes!!

We have softball, with Dad and the older boys.


And the not so older boys.

And yes, that van in the background is my sweet ride that I get to maneuver all over the English countryside.  Pray for me. 

And we have basketball.  Abby took part in a basketball camp at the base's youth center the first week of summer break--the only girl that toughed it out the whole week!  Here she's testing her skills.

She shoots...

...the ball circles the rim...

...and circles some more...

...and it's good!

Triumphant!!

And don't forget Josh over on the playground equipment...



It was a fun day, even if it was hot and sweaty.  And yes, Adam was with us--he just didn't seem to make it into any of the photos.  Sorry, man.

2 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

Hot in England? I always think of it as cool and wet, but I guess it's a lot like Seattle, huh? Yikes stripes on that big van! I still haven't learned how to park my big truck and that's in big American parking spaces! Your kiddos are growing so big!

TisforTonya said...

those are some awesome photos of Abby! Glad you're out there braving the summer heat - and better you than me on the van... by now I would have sideswiped every vehicle in the country.