Friday, July 16, 2010

Sequoia--The Evening, or, How Filthy Can One Child Get?!!

After a fun day checking out the park, oohing and aaahing over the glories of nature, we headed back to our campsite to fix dinner and settle in for the evening.

The kids had fun watching Dad get a fire going for the long-awaited s'mores while I prepared yet another gourmet masterpiece on the camp stove--I think it was tacos or something else glamorous like that. 

It was all relatively peaceful in camp, which will get any parent of an 18-month-old's Spidey-sense tingling.

Sure enough, while Dad and the kids were doing this...





...Dallin was doing this!




If that isn't little boy bliss, I don't know what is.

"For only $.15 a day, this child could have clean water..."

After a good laugh, we heated some water on the camp stove, and gave that boy a bath; 'cause there was no way on God's green Earth that I was going to share a tent with that mess!

First the face...


...then on to the rest of him!







Once we got him cleaned up, he was banished to the van and the tent to play with toys for the rest of the night.  What a mean mom.  I think that boy had brown goo coming out of his nose for a couple of days.  gross.

Thank goodness I packed those special baby-wash-saturated washcloths.  I never thought I'd use them!

3 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

That is hilarious! And gross all at once! He's a cutie!

Cherie said...

So Funny! It looks like for $.15 a day he hates that clean water. You could really make some money off that picture.

Lesley said...

I love that you have it documented, the mess and the cleanup!