Our family had the great opportunity to head up to Scotland this month for a week of fun and sightseeing. Despite all of our planning, things ended up a bit chaotic; but we pulled together and pulled through.
This post/set of posts has been intimidating, to say the least, as I took over 900 photos in our 8-day venture. I promise I will not post all 900. I won't even post 450. You will thank me later...
The first day was one fiasco after another, so I'll gloss over that.
Let me just say that the caravan (camper to haul behind our van) we hired didn't work out, so we were faced with camping in tents.
In Scotland.
In mid-April.
One word--brrrrrrrr.
One more word--nope.
We camped the first night, and figured out pretty darn quickly that it wasn't going to work. I was treading on the heels of bronchitis, and didn't really feel like tempting fate.
Add to the cold that the field next to our campsite had been recently "fertilized", and you get the idea of what we were smelling all night: plenty of "fresh air". Nice, ripe, fresh air. ick.
Kids did manage to have some fun while loading up the car the next morning; a game of frisbee broke out. I think it was just an excuse to not have to load the car. Whatever.
See that field behind the tents? Yeah, take a good look at how dark that soil is--not so pretty for the nose!
The people who owned and ran the campsite were very nice, but I have a sneaking suspicion we won't be camping there again.
Now, on to Day 2--Hadrian's Wall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Can't wait to hear more about this trip! How fun.
Post a Comment