This boy does!
Josh was super-excited about his first Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. I know Pinewood Derbies are a bone of contention with a lot of folks, but I was really happy with our particular pack of Scouts. There was a whole lot of cheering and support, and general upbeat excitement about the evening. I didn't see a sore loser in the bunch. Not even in the dads.
And that's saying something.
The line-up of kids.
The line-up of cars.
Look at that sweet ride in the middle--yeah, #9. I have a good feeling about that one. Not that I'm partial, or anything...
Yeah, baby!
And on it went, heat after heat. Elimination after elimination. Over and over.
Can you feel the tension in the air?!!
In the end, no ribbons for Josh, but I think he was still pretty proud of the car he designed, built, and painted. But we made sure Dad wielded the sander. Yikes!
He did end up winning "Most Striking Car". Get it? Lightning? Striking?
It's nice when the people in charge have a sense of humor.


1 comment:
making up hilarious awards was always my favorite part of the night!
Post a Comment