Wednesday, October 12, 2011

We Have a Winner!

Tonight I tried a new recipe.

I know, I know.  This may not seem like news to some people.  But you see, I'm in a dinner rut.  Again.

I think it has something to do with the fact that my life/children/budget don't allow for much branching out.  I tend to stick with what I know, and leave all that gastronomical experimentation to someone else.

But, there's this recipe I've been dying to try for a very long time.  I've just never had the right combination of ingredients when I have the time and freedom to make said recipe.  Tonight was the magic night.

And ohhhh, was it worth the wait.


I made the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tortilla Soup, and it is officially on our winner list.  It was definitely more popular with some people than others, but it was so rich and tasty and yummy and delicious that I know I'm gonna file this one away and make it again.

That is, when I have two hours to spend making dinner...

1 comment:

Niki said...

I'm going to make this!! Looks so dang delicioius!!