Monday, November 8, 2010

A Day at the Park

Dallin and I took the opportunity to head to the park last week.  It was a lovely autumn day, and the weather was cooperating--sounds like a perfect reason for some time outside! 

We parked the car and walked down this beautiful path, headed for that bridge across the big divided carriageway.


Dallin was fascinated by being up so high, and he got quite a kick out of watching the lorries and cars go zooming underneath us.  I was tickled at how many of the drivers waved, honked, or flashed their headlights in greeting to my little boy.

Once I pried his hands off those railings (no kidding!) we headed along our path to Abbey Gardens playground.


While Dallin happily played on the equipment, I took some photos of the leaves and scenery.  It was gorgeous.


Dallin loved the slide, and spent the bulk of his time climbing up and down, over and over.  And over.

Here he is "being a carpet"!

Then it's back up for another round.


It was a fun morning, and I was glad we took the time to enjoy the dwindling sunshine and warm-ish weather.

Now it's time to head back to the car and get home for lunch.  But first, I have to get him back over that bridge...wish me luck!


2 comments:

TisforTonya said...

such beautiful scenery!!!

and birthdays...


figures I pick the week you've blogged a BUNCH to be anti-social :)

Heather said...

Look at you and all your native lingo! Carriageway...lorries... By jingo, I think she's got it!