Having this opportunity to be on the road at 5:40 am has given me the chance to pause and observe some things that I might not have known if I had lingered in bed. My warm, soft, cozy bed.
Some thoughts:
- Golf courses are best mown at 5:45 am, with headlights blazing on the riding mowers
- Wildlife love to dart out onto our small, unlit county roads
- My son has quite the eclectic mix of music on his mp3 player
- That mp3 player is absolutely necessary, as morning radio leaves much to be desired
- His band's version of Verdi's Requiem is just the right length to get us to our destination
- Many Air Force people love to run, or at least pretend to love it, very early in the morning
- Our town is so small that the stoplights are set to blinking mode until 6:00 am
- Police officers will flash their lights as a warning as they sit by the side of the road
- There are "regulars" at the doughnut shop
- The best time to shop at WalMart is 6:00 in the morning
- Sunrise, haze, and runway lights are a beautiful mix
So there you have it, my best attempt at early-morning reflections. Now give me a Diet Dr Pepper so I can get on with my day!


2 comments:
Heather that was AWESOME! I like knowing what your early morning seminary trips are like. Mine run a little later, 6:30 am, but like you have found, there is beauty to the ritual and I love the time with Riley boy in the car. Even if all he's doing is his seminary reading!
Oh my goodness...Barrett is now teaching early morning Seminary...and IIIIIII (I don't know how else to emphasize "I") am the one who struggles. He hasn't complained once. That 4:30 alarm clock and bright bathroom light can really make my head spin sometimes.
Post a Comment