All of a sudden, I hear my children saying things like, "Here, boy", and "Stop chewing on my homework!" Soon I expect them to start shouting, "Sit!" or "Stay!" when he starts making a move toward the open office door...
In a way, I guess Little Man is a bit like a puppy; sweet, loveable, drooling, chewing on everything he can get his hands on. He also cries forlornly when the front door closes and he is left behind, but giggles and crawls like mad toward you when you walk in through it. Not to mention that he loves having his tummy rubbed and tickled, and will eat whatever is left under the table after a meal. Hmmm.
It makes me wonder what will happen when it's potty-training time. Maybe he'll start scratching and whining at the front door?? Probably not. We love him, and think that 10 months is a wonderful age, though we have officially entered "head-trauma season" at our home now. Sigh.


2 comments:
that was always my excuse as to why we never needed a pet... now of course that I have no toddlers I have just come up with more creative excuses!
Interesting analogy! I never thought of it, but it's true, they are a lot alike!
Post a Comment