Go on. Guess.
It's Pie/Pi Day!!
Get it? 3.14
While I wish we could have celebrated at 1:59, we were still at choir practice. So at the appointed time, we gave each other a smile and wished a happy pie/pi day all around. I think our English church friends thought we were a little strange. But what else is new?
So, in honor of this wonderful day, I planned a whole pie evening.
Chicken pot pie for dinner...
Followed by three different pies for dessert: dutch apple, razzleberry, and chocolate cream. Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
I think the judges agree that this holiday's a keeper.
Of course, it's a good thing it only comes once a year, because the side-effects could be hazardous...
In closing, let me leave you with two pie/pi-kus, a la Adam:
Pie-ku
Apples 'neath the crust
Sweet and tart, so succulent
Get in my belly
Pi-ku
Oh, thou sacred pi
Diameter, circumf'rence
Now it all makes sense
Enjoy this blessed day, and for heaven's sake, eat some pie!


5 comments:
I think I am the only one who never remembers this day as a significant day in my life. I am depriving my children of such great knowledge...and food. :)
You are so cute! And it sounds like you had a delicious day! Makes me want some pie!
too bad my son whose birthday is today hates Pie... Pi he's okay with though, but that's not too tasty for the rest of us...
We had a pie on pi day too! But Jacob wondered if it didn't count on this side of the Atlantic because they write dates the other way--Sunday was 14.3, not 3.14. But I'll take any excuse for pie!
Yum, that does look good. I might have to start celebrating. If I can remember until next year.
Post a Comment