Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring Break--Day 6

17 April, 2010--Day 6 Homeward Bound!

It was a cool week, and we had seen some amazing things, but I think we were all ready to head home. I know Dallin was. Poor kid. He hadn't had a decent nap for a week, and was ready to see his toys and his beloved Spongebob again.

I didn't actually take many photos of our journey home, but I thought maybe I should include some shots that didn't make the cut earlier in the week, either due to space, or my mood!

Dallin spent the better portion of his non-stroller time chasing birds. All over Germany. Poor pigeons.


Then there was this extremely cool fountain in Trier; a salute to the craftsmen and workers:


I love the depictions of the baker and pretzel-maker here:

If Adam's German translation is close, the fountain was erected in 1984, celebrating 2000 years of local craftsmen and tradesmen. If that's not correct, I apologize. We do the best we can with what we have!

And then I had to include these two shots; after all, these signs were the fodder for many jokes throughout the week...

And then...

I mean, honestly, what were we to do? The first actually just means, "In drive," or entrance, and the second is "Out drive," or exit. But seriously folks, the jokes and giggles just kept on coming. Day after day.

You gotta love kids. Even grown-up ones.

We were just thankful for the opportunity to see some new things, expose our children to new sights and foods, learn just a little more about our world, and do it all with so many of the comforts of home. We are truly blessed, and are thankful to our Heavenly Father for creating such a lovely and diverse world, and for this military assignment that allows us to stretch ourselves a little bit more.

I'll leave you with this happy face, and say, "Auf wiedersehen!"

2 comments:

TisforTonya said...

catching up on a few days here - and having a hard time deciding whether or not to show the kids the onramp/exit ramp photos or not... maybe I'll decide after I go retrieve that white chocolate Toblerone I've been saving for a special occasion?

Holly said...

Oh Heather, I am so jealous and yet so thrilled that you and your family get to have this wonderful experience!