That's what Logan said this morning as he slumped out the door to the bus stop. You see, he was supposed to fly to Germany this morning for a Department of Defense Schools Europe-wide competition.
Then some Icelandic volcano decided to erupt and ruin everything...
That airline isn't flying anyone anywhere until Wednesday evening.
The schools are scrambling, because half of their teachers can't get back from their spring break holidays.
Classes may be combined, bus routes may be altered, lunch menus may be changed, and many teachers and students will be absent.
In other words--chaos, and disappointment.
Especially for a kid who wrote an awesome paper, and was set to present it to the folks in Germany.
Stupid volcano...
Now, don't get me wrong. I know there are some people whose lives are very seriously affected by this eruption. And I am truly sorry for their stress and loss. I know that people are stranded all over the place, airlines are losing money, and things are dangerous. I know that we are lucky. But I still got to watch my son slump out the door and onto his bus.
Stupid volcano.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
We actually had some acquaintances of yours for dinner at our house last night because of the "stupid volcano"! Email me for more info (heatherrose@byu.net) - because I somehow don't have a current email address for you!
Post a Comment