I guess some people would call that sad.
Fortunately, my DH thinks it's cool. It's one of the things he loves about me. Not just the fact that I make our family dollars stretch farther, but that I get so dang excited about it.
Today was a particularly good day.
This is what I bought:
You know what I spent?
$4.91.
I know!!
See, the shampoo was on a special clearance--$.29 a bottle. But wait, I had 10 $.25 coupons! That made them $.04 a bottle. I don't care if that brand is not necessarily my fave. For $.04 a bottle, I'll manage! Or, I'll donate it to someone whose hair isn't as finicky as mine...
Moving on to the cereals--they were all $2.00 or less a box, and then I had a "buy 5 boxes, save $5" coupon! Awesome, no? But wait. There were also some little coupons over by the eggs, where if you buy 2 Kellogg's cereals, you get a dozen eggs free! Hold me back!
I was practically dancing out the door of the commissary. Thankfully for them, my kids were at safely at school, so there was no risk of "embarrassment by association". In a land of no double coupons and no generic brands, it feels good to luck into such a deal.
What a rush!


3 comments:
Wow, that's amazing! Sometimes I wish I could shop like that. I try to be a coupon savvy person, but it just doesn't work. I think maybe it's just that I'm too lazy to actually find the deals. I hate grocery shopping, so I like to get in and out as quick as possible. Of course, if I spent only 4 cents for a bottle of shampoo...I may start enjoying it more! Congrats on the great deals!
amazing... apparently I need to stop grumbling at the coupon freaks that bring their 3 ring binders and cart dividers to go through the checkout 6 items at a time...
hmmm... nope, they'll still make me grumble a little - but YAY for good deals that don't hold up the lines :)
That's awesome! I LOVE couponing! You did a good job! I also heard that Military overseas could use expired coupons, would you like me to send you mine? If so just send me your address and I'd be happy to ship you off my expired coupons!
Post a Comment