Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Month = New Look

At least, for Adam, that is. He's been growing his hair for over 4 years, and as you can see, it was really long.

I mean, reeeeeally long.

Like, 18 inches worth of pony tail.


See what I mean? That's some serious hair, my friends.

Well, he finally decided that a change was in order. But all of us know that change is not necessarily easy. He had some reservations--even as we were walking into the salon/barber shop/whatever you want to call it. It's like I could hear in the background that music they play in movies when someone is headed from their cell on death row to the electric chair.

Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme, but you know what I mean.


And cutting off that much hair is not as simple as one little clip of the scissors. It was excruciatingly slow, with snip after snip hacking away at all of that hair.


Snip, snip, snip...


Still snipping...


Almost there...


And, you're free!! No more ponytail.
And to his credit, he smiled the whole time.
Well, mostly.


And once he freed himself from the ponytail, what was the end result?



A very handsome young man, with some awesome hair.
And we hope the folks at Locks of Love will appreciate the sacrifices made by one particular guy.
I know I do.

9 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

Wow! Good job Adam! And good job mama for letting him "express himself" like that! It's hard for me to let go of the control... but I know it's necessary. Oh and he looks very handsome!

lori said...

wow! what a difference. It looks great!

TisforTonya said...

Wow... WOW! and Wow again... awesome step by step photos by the way...

and WOW!

lrwardell said...

I love the pictures capturing the process. Adam, you truly are an amazing young man to donate all of your gorgeous hair to those who are without. You look wonderful with the new cut too. It does bring back memories of Williamsburg. I miss you guys sooooooo much, especially since I live so close to the old house.

Much Love,
Lynn Wardell (formerly Grimes)

Nic said...

Brings back memories. :)

Good for all of you for the positive approach. I know it meant a lot to me a few years back.

Prior Family said...

Wow! What a change. He looks a lot more like a certain young man who left on a mission just over a year ago. Must mean his time is coming soon. Crazy thought.

Lesley said...

Handsome young man!!

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

It looks great, doesn't look like him at all, but it looks great! That is amazing...18 inches of hair gone...Adam, do you feel naked?

Cherie said...

That is a LOT of hair WOW! Does he feel lightheaded? Looks awesome1