Poor little Dallin's been battling a virus for the last week. It has been hard to see my normally active boy spend his week limp and feverish on the couch, watching one episode after another of Little Einsteins.
Although he's feeling better, he and I still stayed home from church meetings today rather than sending him off to play in the church nursery. I just didn't feel like sharing the joy that has been our life for the last week with all of the other little ones. Not the kind of sharing we like to do.
Since I was home, I spent some time on our church's website, a favorite of mine. I was able to catch up on some of the more recent YouTube messages that have been produced by the church, and felt spiritually lifted.
There was one in particular that really touched my heart, and humbled me.
You see, I've been a little grumpy lately. I think it has something to do with being trapped at home for a week with a feverish and miserable two-year-old. But it's also beyond that. I've been feeling dissatisfied with life in general. Whiny. Cranky. Ungrateful. Not much fun to be around.
When I watched this short video, I was embarrassed by myself. By my bad attitude. By my lack of gratitude for all I have. By my quick temper. By my amazing ability to be so self-absorbed, even when I know better.
I heartily encourage you to click the link below, and I hope your heart is touched by what you see. Mine was, and with the week I've had, I had a pretty hard heart today.
I hope this lifts your day like it did mine.
Although he's feeling better, he and I still stayed home from church meetings today rather than sending him off to play in the church nursery. I just didn't feel like sharing the joy that has been our life for the last week with all of the other little ones. Not the kind of sharing we like to do.
Since I was home, I spent some time on our church's website, a favorite of mine. I was able to catch up on some of the more recent YouTube messages that have been produced by the church, and felt spiritually lifted.
There was one in particular that really touched my heart, and humbled me.
You see, I've been a little grumpy lately. I think it has something to do with being trapped at home for a week with a feverish and miserable two-year-old. But it's also beyond that. I've been feeling dissatisfied with life in general. Whiny. Cranky. Ungrateful. Not much fun to be around.
When I watched this short video, I was embarrassed by myself. By my bad attitude. By my lack of gratitude for all I have. By my quick temper. By my amazing ability to be so self-absorbed, even when I know better.
I heartily encourage you to click the link below, and I hope your heart is touched by what you see. Mine was, and with the week I've had, I had a pretty hard heart today.
The Boys' Home
I'd love to know what you think about this video, and about your thoughts on charity and giving. Feel free to share.I hope this lifts your day like it did mine.


2 comments:
perspective. that is what I think of at this moment after watching that video. Sometimes I think that I am doing enough by just surviving the day I have. Now I see that there is so much more. I always know there is more, but often is is so much easier to get wrapped in our own 'stuff' that we don't realize just how blessed we are. Just how 'easy' we have it in many ways. Thanks for sharing that. I hope to see you soon!! :)
Touched my heart. Loved reading your posts, and now that I've found your blog, will check in more.
Debbie Heath
Post a Comment