The little Mother's Day flowers that the children bring around at church--dead within a week.
Josh's hardy bean plant that his first grade class grew--gone.
House plants--don't even get me started.
It's sad.
But here in England, everything grows! Just look at the pictures from our front yard:
All without ever having to set a sprinkler or anything!! That's a first for this desert dweller.
But sometimes, things can get out of hand. Take a peek:
Yeah, that's a vine growing on the inside of our family room window. Somehow it forced its way into our house. I haven't had the heart to clip it--I admire its tenacity. Plus, it makes me feel like I can actually grow something. Inside the house. That isn't a child. What's a plant-killer like me to do?


2 comments:
when Q and I lived in Loveland we had a vine that had wormed its way through the wall somehow, probably signifying a major foundation crack, but since it was a rental we didn't care much. We stuck little thumbtacks all over the wall inside and let that little creeper vine grow all summer :)
You make me laugh. There is definitely something to be said for living in a moist climate. I learned how to garden in Missouri, after having killed everything I touched as well. Now it's an obsession, so BEWARE.
Post a Comment