Well, here we are again. The school year is winding down, and I am enjoying my last Friday morning with only little man for company. Next Friday will find me in a very different situation.
There will be teenagers draped across the furniture, with various electronic devices in hand.
There will be a messy kitchen, because try as I might, I can't get them to load a dish in the dishwasher, let alone put away the food they got out.
There will be noise from many sources.
There will be chaos.
There will be an upset two-year-old whose space has been invaded.
But on the plus side, there will be day-trips.
And sleeping in.
And laundry helpers.
And park days.
And free babysitters.
And library visits.
And maybe even warm weather.
And did I mention day-trips? Oh yeah. Lots of those. Because I bet within a tank of gas from our home, there's some mighty cool stuff to see. And lots of kids who want to see it.
Besides, if I don't get them out of the house then I'm sure I'll quickly start hearing the words every parent dreads...you know the ones...I'm not even going to say them here.
It does make me wonder, where did the time go? How could it have gotten away from me? And will summer pass as quickly? Most of me hopes not. But another small part of me knows that within a few weeks I'll be longing for fewer bodies occupying my space during the day, a kitchen that stays clean once the morning tidy-up has happened, and for only one errand buddy.
And once school starts again I won't have to fight for computer time. Sad, but true. Welcome to my world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm right there with you Heather! That mixture of excitement and dread, all at the same time! And I haven't forgotten about the coupons. I've got a collection going for ya. :)
Post a Comment