Ah, the glamorous life.
Way back in early January though, we took a family trip to Lincoln to see the cathedral. Yes, I know it's now late February, but blogging got unceremoniously dumped to the bottom of my priority list during our December house move (ugh), so needless to say, there will be some serious catching up going on over the next few days. I hope.
Lincoln Cathedral was gorgeous, even if the weather was not. It was chilly, to say the least. And wet. But that's a given around these parts. You can't let the wet keep you from doing things, or you'd very rarely leave your home...
As I was saying, we braved the cold and wet, and were richly rewarded with some beautiful sights:
Once we had our fill of inside treasures, we headed outside to wait for Dad to come with the car. There is no parking near the cathedral, so he dropped us off and found a nearby car park to leave our van. At the end of the day, poor Dad had quite an ordeal getting through the city traffic to pick us up! While we waited, we took in the surrounding sights, including this charming village square.
Do you know the Muffin Man?
As we left, the fog was starting to settle. Gorgeous!
It was a lovely day (if a bit on the chilly side!), and we enjoyed seeing a different area of the country.
Happy Presidents Day!


2 comments:
WAY cooler than our President's Day celebration (okay, okay... so I do realize it was actually THAT day... maybe ours trumps laundry...)
We celebrated by sledding - because hurtling down a slippery slope at unsafe speeds seemed like an appropriate way to celebrate what's going on in our country.
I love that last picture! Aren't cathedrals amazing? That was my favorite part about visiting Europe in high school. I just couldn't believe it had all been done by hand.
Post a Comment