Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And the answer is...

As many of you know, our oldest son has been eagerly awaiting his mission call. He's been faithfully waiting and watching for the mailman to deliver that blessed white envelope (curse the holiday weekend), and FINALLY it came yesterday.

Drumroll please...


Spencer is headed to --- The Bulgaria Sofia Mission!!!


I know! Are you as shocked as we were?? I couldn't have even told you that there is a mission in Bulgaria! Just in case you need some help, I've included a little map here to show you where it is.




Yep, that's it. Sandwiched right in between Romania and Turkey. Not that I'm a nervous mom or anything, but, oh my.


We are incredibly proud of him, for his willingness to work hard and serve the Lord, and are thankful that he will be with us for the holidays. He reports to the MTC on 4 February 2009, so has some more time to work, earn college money, get his immunizations updated, and apply for a passport. Lots to do, and we're all excited to do it. Once we can get ourselves up off the floor, that is.

6 comments:

littlest said...

congrats spencer!

TisforTonya said...

cool, cool, cool!

and nervous, nervous, nervous all at the same time :)

matt and michelle ray said...

Wow!!! How exciting! I can't imagine what that feels like, I'm sure he still feels like your baby! Very cool! And now you'll all have an excuse to go to Europe!

Cherie said...

That is so exciting and unbelievable that you will have a missionary out! Congrats!

Amy G. said...

congrats! my brother served there. in fact, he was one of 4 missionaries to first enter bulgaria. pretty cool huh. spencer will love it!

Heather said...

Awesome! I dated a guy in college who served there and he loved it! We are so excited for you guys! What a wonderful experience you will ALL have!