I just thought I should post this link, in case any of you are wondering what the Bulgarian language looks like.
This is the LDS church home page in Bulgarian:
www.lds.bg
I think my son has his work cut out for him. Wish him luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I had no idea that Bulgarian used a different alphabet and characters. That is crazy. Good luck.
I can't say as I can distinguish Bulgarian from any of those Slavic languages I've seen (don't even know if Bulgarian fits in that category - color me uninformed!)
Good thing Spencer's a genius 'eh?
looks fun. :0)
It's the same alphabet as other slavic languages including Russian, though most of the others have extra characters that don't appear in Bulgarian. The Bulgarian people were thefirst to use the Cyrillic Alphabet, which was developed in the late 800s. Since the last reform in 1945 (when a couple of redundant and archaic characters were dropped) Bulgaria's alphabet has had 30 characters.
Now I know just a little bit more - and I'm sure it will come in handy some day for impressing my children while we're watching Jeopardy :).
And in case that was sounding ALL sarcastic, really - good info, now I feel a little smarter, REALLY! (oh, and Happy B-day to Don!)
Post a Comment