Monday, April 23, 2012

And then there were six...

Well, it's happened again.

Another child has decided that it's time to grow up.

I'm not sure I'm in favor of this "growing-up" business.

Our family keeps shrinking, and even though it's a wonderful thing, it makes me sad.  And happy.  And teary.  And joyful.  And sad again.

I've been asking this a lot lately, but how did we get here?

How did this...

...become this?

Who authorized that?  Because I don't think I did.

Sigh.

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm not one of those over-protective, crazed helicopter mamas.  I love that my children are growing, changing, making seriously great life choices, and serving God.  I love it.

I just wish maybe they could do it a bit closer to home.

Watch out, Moscow West Mission--you've got one of my finest children coming your way in a couple of months.  Give him some time to learn the language, and then man, he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

That's my boy.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

My oldest is 2, and I am not looking forward to that day at all! But, like you, it's great to know you have done your job and they are growing up just as you hoped they would. I found out this year boys can leave at 18 now (from Europe)!! So that's one year less than I thought I had. I really have to make the next 16 years count! Hope you get to feel less sadness and more joy soon x