Monday, April 9, 2012

March in a Nutshell

Before I get started plowing through the 600+ photos from the "Great Spring Break of 2012", I think I'd better give a brief recap of March.

I know.

Lame.

But, here goes...

Adam got his mission call, and will be serving here--



Okay, not exactly there, but he's headed to the Russia Moscow West Mission, and leaves for the Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT in about two weeks.  I know!  I'm so not ready!

We've been shopping for shoes and suits and luggage and all the other items on his list, but we've also made time for the really good stuff.  We got to take him here--


--and it was awesome!  I love taking my children to the temple, and watching them open their eyes to the possibilities of eternity.  It's a wonderful thing.



March also gave us the best Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet ever!  And I mean that--with all our boys we've had the privilege of attending 10 others, and this one left them in the dust.  No offense to past scout leaders, etc, but holy smokes!!

There was a medieval theme to the evening, with costumes, dinner, and a presentation by the Calvert-Arundal Swordsmen.  The boys all had a wonderful time, and so did everyone else!




After the swordsmen gave their presentation, they let everyone come and touch all the swords and cool stuff they had brought--the part those boys had been waiting for all night!





Yipes!
Did I mention that those are real swords?!

It was a super-fun night--any group that can hold a bunch of 8-10 year old boys like this...


...has got to be good!


And then, I would be remiss if I didn't include some shots from Pi/Pie Day.  It was the first year we'd celebrated this holiday when it was too blasted warm to even think about baking pies.  Honestly, it's only mid-March, for heaven's sake!

No worries; a quick trip to the grocery store took care of business.  I still made the traditional home-made chicken pot pie for dinner, but that's all the baking that went on around these parts.  Thank goodness for some cool, delicious key lime, chocolate cream, and a wimpy pre-baked apple.  But if you spray on enough whipped cream, who cares how lame the apple one was?!








Yeah, baby.  We're all about the pie.

Okay, this is getting ridiculously long.  Maybe I should get back to you later.  Who knew I was this far behind?  It's amazing what happens when you plug your camera's memory card into the computer and find all sorts of gems you had forgotten about.  Yeah, that's what I'll do.  I'll blog later--that's worked for me so well in the past...


3 comments:

Kris10 said...

Looks like March was a blast!

Heather said...

What a fun Blue and Gold banquet!! If ever I'm called to Scouts, I know what to plan.

The picture of Dallin with his helmet reminds me of Man of La Mancha. "Golden helmet of Mambrino, there can be no helm like thee!!"

What a handsome young man Adam has become. Your children are growing up so fast. But I don't have to remind you of that!

Kirsty*Howard*Harvey*Layla*Miles said...

What fun goings on in the Bugg household! I am loving the whole pi/pie day thing. Great photo in front of the temple also! Miss you guys!